Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Getting off at the Slutstation.

Now, because my family reads this blog I feel I should explain the title of the blog at the start rather than humorously leaving it until the end like I usually do. Slut is the word for 'end' in Swedish, and was one of many many words that to a native English speaker looked absolutely hilarious and on the train to Malmö, I was repeatedly informed that Copenhagen (or Köpenhamn in Swedish) was the slutstation. Tee hee!

My journey began Wednesday last week when I took a late bus up to Tallinn, my flight was at 5:10am so I needed to be up there at night. What I didn't plan was what I was going to do so the start of my trip was terribly boring with me sitting in the airport until I could check in. After a very brief visit to Riga airport, I arrived in Stockholm where I promptly boarded a train to Malmö! The train was very nice but you had to pay for wifi if you wanted to use it (Estonia has spoilt me obviously). Upon arriving at Malmö station, I was greeted by Emma and Dan who I know from Melbourne. That night we proceeded to drink a litre of vodka and harassed his dorm mates who had just gotten back from the sea battle!

The next day we spent in Copenhagen where we saw The Little Mermaid statue and the Lego store and it was generally lovely before I boarded a plane back to Stockholm where I spent the night drinking with David Stock and discovered the joys of McDonald's cheese sauce! Yum!

On Saturday I caught up with old school friend Britta Dahlborg and super schalger fan Lina Paulsson before Lina and her friend Johannes came out for a karaoke party! There was Bengtzing, Carola and almost every one of the last 20 Swedish entries sung, as well as a heap of MF entries! Amazing times.

With that over, I spend Sunday doing bugger all and then went back to Tallinn.

Thats about all I can say, there will be photos on facebook!

Currently I'm sitting in the press centre in Yerevan for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest! Woo!

1 comment:

  1. Loved your eurovision coverage. Gutted we didnt win. SECOND. What the hell. Anyway. Any news on adult eurovision yet? Im not very in the loop when it comes to picking candidates and stuff, so let me know when les pays bas make their pick? x
    PS Applying for a graduate visa, hoping to still be here when you return, but it's all up in the air. I'll let you know asap whether we'll be catching up in l'europe or down here :)

    ReplyDelete